What are the best remedies for acid reflux? Though it does not prove to be instantly fatal, in the long run, it can do a lot of damage and throw the life out of gear. It is not all a difficult task to get the remedies for it, but many people suffer from it without even knowing that they are suffering from certain disorder called acid reflux. Also, some of the people with occasional acid reflux may consider it quite a natural process of the body and pay very little attention. However, it can create lot of discomfort and inconvenience if the condition intensifies. The stomach acid going up to the esophagus may also cause severe chest pain and call for immediate medication. But there is nothing to worry as it is not a difficult task to get the acid reflux remedies.
Various effective ways to remedy acid reflux
There are several ways to treat acid reflux. Here some effective acid reflux remedies:
- H2 Blockers or Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI): These are one of the best acid reflux remedies for the patients with chronic or repeated acid reflux. What these methods of treatment do is that they reduce the acid production in the body. This then automatically reduces the chances of acid reflux. However, one must be careful while using it. They are known for absorbing the nutrient and this may, again, prove to be counterproductive to the overall health of the body.
- OTC: The OTC drugs known as antacids are considered to be quite effective acid reflux remedies. OTC treatment lowers the level of the stomach acid to a great extent, and thus, reduces the chances of heartburn or GERD. Known for providing immediate relief, the OTC drugs are quite effective. However, these are mostly used for short term relieve. Moreover, these are also notorious for absorbing the nutrients essential for the overall health of the body. So, it is advisable to consult the physician before using them.
- Surgery: Surgery as a method of GERD treatment is very rare. Usually, surgery is done when acid reflux is caused due to the hiatus hernia, and that too, if the other methods of treatment have failed or proven to be ineffective.
- Home remedies: Acid reflux is directly related to the food consumed and certain types of vegetables and fruits can play a vital role in reducing the chances of acid reflux. The fruits like pears, berries, apples, and peaches etc are used to prepare the right recipes. However, it is advisable to avoid the citrus fruits like grapefruits, pineapples, oranges, and tomatoes etc.
- Lifestyle changes: Changing the lifestyle in itself can prove to be an effective acid reflux remedy. Consumption of alcohol and smoking are known to contribute a lot in triggering acid reflux. Keeping these things a bay can be helpful in reducing acid reflux chances. Also, heavy meals before going to bed or going to bed just after taking food should be avoided.
RefluxMD provides an overview of all reflux treatment. If you are looking for best acid reflux remedies get in touch with us so that we can guide you based on the acid reflux remedies.
Original Source: https://sites.google.com/site/refluxmdguide/best-acid-reflux-remedies-for-permanent-elimination-of-the-disease